Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Bible
Paperback/ 1056 pages/ May 2010/ INR 649
A complete and thorough reference for developers on the new Flex 4 platform
Create desktop applications that behave identically on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux with Adobe’s new Flash Builder 4 platform and this in-depth guide. The book’s tutorials and explanations walk you step-by-step through Flash Builder’s new, faster tools; the new framework for generating code; how to connect to popular application servers; upgrading from Flex 3; and much more.
- Shows you how to create rich applications for the Web and desktop with the very latest version of Flex, with detailed coverage for both new and veteran Flex application developers
- Walks you through Flex basics; upgrading from Flex 3; how to create desktop applications with AIR; and integrating Flex applications with the most popular application servers, including ColdFusion, ASP.NET, and PHP
- Includes extensive code samples of common tasks that you can use to jump-start your development projects
Flex your development muscles with the Flex 4 and this comprehensive guide.
Read an Excerpt
HTTP | FTP
David Gassner is the President of Bardo Technical Services, an Adobe Solutions Network Training Provider. He holds Adobe developer certifications in Flex, AIR, ColdFusion, Flash, and Dreamweaver. He is the author of Flex 3 Bible (Wiley) and of technical training videos from lynda.com on Adobe Flex, AIR, ColdFusion, and Dreamweaver. He is also a regular contributor to Adobe Systems’ Certified Courseware for Flex.
WPF Programmer’s Reference: Windows Presentation Foundation with C# 2010 and .NET 4
Paperback/ 624 pages/ April 2010/ INR 549
Build effective user interfaces with Windows Presentation Foundation
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is included with the Windows operating system and provides a programming model for building applications that provide a clear separation between the UI and business logic. Written by a leading expert on Microsoft graphics programming, this richly illustrated book provides an introduction to WPF development and explains fundamental WPF concepts.
Packed with helpful examples, this reference progresses through a range of topics that gradually increase in their complexity. You’ll quickly start building applications while you learn how to use both Expression Blend and Visual Studio to build UIs. In addition, the book addresses the needs of programmer who write the code behind the UI and shows you how operations can be performed using both XAML and C#.
Read an Excerpt
Joomla! offers powerful functionality and ease of configuration, making it an immensely popular open source content management system. However, far more than simply downloading and installing Joomla! is required in order to create a dynamic web site. This book walks you through the critical steps that must be taken in the planning process prior to establishing a Joomla! site. Joomla! expert Jen Kramer reviews essential questions that need to be asked of a client, discusses technical solutions to a variety of challenges, and explains how a site structure should be organized.
JOOMLA START TO FINISH: HOW TO PLAN, EXECUTE, AND MAINTAIN YOUR WEB SITE
Joomla! Start to Finish: How to Plan, Execute, and Maintain Your Web Site
Paperback/ 360 pages /March 2010
Wiley India List Price: INR 399.00
- I Want a Web Site and I Want It Blue — How Much Will That Cost?
- Choosing the Right Technologies to Solve the Business Problem
- Downloading and Installing Joomla!
- A Brief Tour of the Joomla! Administration Interface
- Creating and Configuring Menus
- Installing and Configuring
- Modules That Come with Joomla
- Components That Come with Joomla!
- Plug-Ins That Come with Joomla!
- Adding Extensions to Joomla!
- Home Page Tips and Tricks
- Custom Templates
- Advanced Template and CSS Tricks
- Site Maintenance and Training
Once the groundwork has been laid, you’ll discover how to host and install Joomla!, and upgrade and maintain your Joomla! site.
Read an Excerpt
Download Title Size Download
Method ReadMe 357 bytes HTTP | FTP
Chapter 13 Code Download 67.05 KB HTTP | FTP
Chapter 14 Code Download 107.09 KB HTTP | FTP