Paperback/ 1056 pages/ May 2010/ INR 649
A complete and thorough reference for developers on the new Flex 4 platform
Create desktop applications that behave identically on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux with Adobe’s new Flash Builder 4 platform and this in-depth guide. The book’s tutorials and explanations walk you step-by-step through Flash Builder’s new, faster tools; the new framework for generating code; how to connect to popular application servers; upgrading from Flex 3; and much more.
- Shows you how to create rich applications for the Web and desktop with the very latest version of Flex, with detailed coverage for both new and veteran Flex application developers
- Walks you through Flex basics; upgrading from Flex 3; how to create desktop applications with AIR; and integrating Flex applications with the most popular application servers, including ColdFusion, ASP.NET, and PHP
- Includes extensive code samples of common tasks that you can use to jump-start your development projects
Flex your development muscles with the Flex 4 and this comprehensive guide.
Read an Excerpt
- Read Excerpt: Chapter 01 (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Table of Contents (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Index (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Chapter 11 (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Chapter 15 (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Chapter 16 (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Chapter 28 (PDF)
- Read Excerpt: Chapter 29 (PDF)
David Gassner is the President of Bardo Technical Services, an Adobe Solutions Network Training Provider. He holds Adobe developer certifications in Flex, AIR, ColdFusion, Flash, and Dreamweaver. He is the author of Flex 3 Bible (Wiley) and of technical training videos from lynda.com on Adobe Flex, AIR, ColdFusion, and Dreamweaver. He is also a regular contributor to Adobe Systems’ Certified Courseware for Flex.