The bestselling, comprehensive reference on Photoshop, fully updated to CS5.
1080 pages/ August 2010/ Rs 599/-
Photoshop is the gold standard for image-editing programs and is used by professional photographers, graphic designers, and Web designers as well as hobbyists. More than 300,000 copies of this comprehensive reference have been sold in previous editions; this edition is fully updated to cover Photoshop CS5’s newest features and includes a 16-page full-color insert.
- Photoshop is the industry standard for image-editing software used in both print and digital media, with more than four million users worldwide
- This comprehensive guide covers beginning to advanced techniques, from learning your way around the windows and tools to working with Camera Raw images
- Covers retouching, color correcting, manipulating, and combining images; working with the File Browser, histogram palette, Lens Blur, and the color replacement tool; customizable keyboard shortcuts; how to create cutting-edge special effects for digital or film-based images, and much more
This revised edition of Photoshop Bible is the reference tool that graphic designers, photographers, and Web designers will refer to many times over
Lisa DaNae Dayley owns and operates a media creation business. She teaches Photoshop classes, is the author of Photoshop CS3 Extended Video and 3D Bible, and is coauthor of several books with her husband, Brad Dayley.
Brad Dayley is a senior software engineer with almost 20 years of experience creating computer applications as well as working with Photoshop. He is the author of the Silverlight 2 Bible, and other books.
Master the latest version of Flash with this revised edition of a perennial bestseller
Flash Professional CS5 Bible
864 pages/ August 2010/ Rs 579/-
Flash enables you to create animations and can also be used to build an interactive, multimedia Web site. Completely enhanced and revised, this must-have reference covers everything you need to know to learn and master the latest version of Flash. Top Flash trainer and author Todd Perkins provides you with unparalleled comprehensive coverage of tips, tricks, and techniques that you won’t find in any other resource. The reader-friendly format will appeal to both the novice as well as the accomplished professional and everyone in between.
- Serves as a comprehensive reference on all the latest updates and enhancements to the newest version of Flash Professional
- Appeals to both novice and experienced Flash developers and functions as their guide to the capabilities and possibilities of the new Flash
- Written by an experienced Adobe Flash instructor who is adept at making difficult topics easy to understand
- Includes a CD-ROM that features trial software, add-ons, plug-ins, shareware, templates, and examples
Flash CS5 Professional Bible is an ideal resource to go from learning to mastering the latest version of Flash in a flash!
Todd Perkins is an Adobe Certified Instructor who spends much of his time teaching people how to use Adobe’s Web development software. He is a member of the dynamic duo at the All Things Adobe podcast, and he has authored a vast array of video training titles and books.
Read an Excerpt
Other books in the series:
9788126527083/ 1344 pages
June 2010/ Rs 599/-
Updated version of the bestselling Dreamweaver Bible series
Packed with hands-on instruction and step-by-step tutorials, the Dreamweaver CS5 Bible has everything you need to harness the incredible power of this amazing Web development tool. Starting with Dreamweaver basics, expert author and Adobe guru Joe Lowery (Adobe CS4 Web Workflows and Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 Bible) guides you through the ins-and-outs of Dreamweaver showing you how to build dynamic, data-driven sites in no time.
- Details how to use Dreamweaver with PHP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion and more to access and work with live backend data
- Describes designing for and working with popular Content Management Systems (CMS) including WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
Dreamweaver has established itself as one of the leading Web development tools and Dreamweaver CS5 Bible is the must-have learning tool and reference guide for any Web developer using Dreamweaver.
Joseph Lowery has been writing about computers and new technology since 1981. He is the author of the previous editions of Dreamweaver Bible as well as the recent Adobe CS4 Web Workflows, Adobe CS3 Web Workflows, and CSS Hacks and Filters (all published by Wiley).
Read an Excerpt
June 2010/ Rs 499/-
Read an Excerpt
Learn to use the new Flash Catalyst to create rich Internet applications
Adobe Flash Catalyst enables you to take designs from Photoshop and Illustrator and convert them into rich Flash-based applications—without writing or even understanding one line of code. It may sound too good to be true, but this helpful reference shows you how to leverage the Flash skills you already have in order to convert your ideas into functioning applications. You’ll explore everything from the basics of the Flex framework to using Flash Builder to complete conversion of an application.
- Shows you how to use the eagerly anticipated Flash Catalyst to convert assets from Illustrator and Photoshop directly into Flex components without ever needing to write code
- Reviews the basics of the Flex framework and rich Internet applications
- Demonstrates how to import comps and assets into Flash Builder in order to create an application
Convert your ideas from design into functioning applications—and avoid writing complex code—with this authoritative resource.
Rob Huddleston has been developing web pages and applications since 1994, and has been an instructor since 1999, teaching web and graphic design to thousands of students. His clients have included the United States Bureau of Land Management, the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the States of California and Nevada and many other federal, city and county agencies; the United States Army and Air Force; Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, Wells Fargo, Safeway, Coca-Cola; software companies including Adobe, Oracle, Intuit and Autodesk; the University of California, San Francisco State University, the University of Southern California; and hundreds of small businesses and non-profit agencies. Rob is an Adobe Certified Instructor, Certified Expert, and Certified Developer, serves as an Adobe User Group Manager and was named as an Adobe Community Expert for his volunteer work answering user questions in online forums. He has been a beta tester for the last few versions of Dreamweaver and Flash, and now serves as an expert moderator on Adobe’s Community Help system. Rob lives in Northern California with his wife and two children.
- Shows you the vast updates to the newest version of InDesign, including speedier performance, sharper functionality, and new object styles
- Offers insight for taking advantage of using the dynamic spell check, creating anchored objects that follow text, creating object styles that can be applied for consistent formatting, and more
- Shares real-world tips and techniques as well as helpful examples from industry expert and popular author Galen Gruman
Whether you are aiming to produce ad campaigns, magazines, interactive PDF files, or other forms of media, InDesign CS5 Bible offers everything you need to know to quickly get up to speed with the latest version of InDesign.
Galen Gruman is principal at The Zango Group and a veteran desktop-publishing guru. A frequent contributor to Macworld, CIO, InfoWorld and other publications, he has also been editor of Macworld, West Coast bureau chief of Computerworld, and executive editor of InfoWorld.com. He is the author of Adobe InDesign CS4 and coauthor of 22 other books on desktop publishing.
A former Group Product Manager for Illustrator takes you on a detailed tour of the new version of Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator allows you to create sophisticated artwork for nearly any medium and the newest release boasts enhancements aimed at helping you save time and work more efficiently and intuitively. Written by veteran author Ted Alspach, this authoritative resource dissects Illustrator CS5 so you can harness the power it has to offer. You’ll begin with a review of Illustrator basics and quickly ramp up to more advanced topics, such as working in 3D, using filters, distorting artwork, applying strokes, and more.
- Former Adobe insider Ted Alspach breaks down the powerful program of Illustrator and explores the new features and functions included in the latest version
- Begins with the basics of Illustrator, such as working with the interface and creating Illustrator documents
- Shows you how to manipulate type, distort artwork, and apply strokes and fills
- Explains transparency, working in 3D, using styles and effects, applying filters, and more
Illustrator has amazing potential that can sometimes be daunting, but with Illustrator CS5 Bible by your side, you’ll learn to put the capabilities of Illustrator to work for you.
Ted Alspach is the former Illustrator Group Product Manager at Adobe Systems. He is the author of more than 25 books on desktop publishing and graphics, including Illustrator CS Bible, Photoshop Complete, and Illustrator CS For Dummies, as well as hundreds of articles on related topics.
Read an Excerpt
Download complete series –CS5_order_form