Joomla! offers powerful functionality and ease of configuration, making it an immensely popular open source content management system. However, far more than simply downloading and installing Joomla! is required in order to create a dynamic web site. This book walks you through the critical steps that must be taken in the planning process prior to establishing a Joomla! site. Joomla! expert Jen Kramer reviews essential questions that need to be asked of a client, discusses technical solutions to a variety of challenges, and explains how a site structure should be organized.
Joomla! Start to Finish: How to Plan, Execute, and Maintain Your Web Site
Paperback/ 360 pages /March 2010
Wiley India List Price: INR 399.00
- I Want a Web Site and I Want It Blue — How Much Will That Cost?
- Choosing the Right Technologies to Solve the Business Problem
- Downloading and Installing Joomla!
- A Brief Tour of the Joomla! Administration Interface
- Creating and Configuring Menus
- Installing and Configuring
- Modules That Come with Joomla
- Components That Come with Joomla!
- Plug-Ins That Come with Joomla!
- Adding Extensions to Joomla!
- Home Page Tips and Tricks
- Custom Templates
- Advanced Template and CSS Tricks
- Site Maintenance and Training
Once the groundwork has been laid, you’ll discover how to host and install Joomla!, and upgrade and maintain your Joomla! site.